Kaseya Community

Script to Confirm Successful Patching

• I'm looking for a method to confirm an automatic updatewas successfully run on a client. I want to do this by kicking off an alert after the patching was completed. Has anyone created a script to perform this action?

Legacy Forum Name: Script to Confirm Successful Patching,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ecross
  • Apatch rescan is ran soon after patching occurs. Therefore, I don't see thepoint for this request. Perhaps, I'm missing something?

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • Thanks for your reply connectex. I think I need to be more clear.

I'm looking foran alert that would be sent toan Outlook Public Folder(or elsewhere)to confirm the patch has completed on a client. This wayIwouldknowthe status of patchingon a specific client without having to review the patch status on the KServer.

There are many occasions where some clients run successfully and others are offline (laptop shutdown, etc.) and are not updated.

Legacy Posted By Username: ecross
  • To have the possibility to get an email or an alert when a patch was successfully installed would be great.
    If there is a possibility to pickup the users emailadress in the agent settings for that specific computer and send an email to that person when a patch has been successfully installed would also be great.

At the moment we only got the possibility to send an email when there is a patch failed or a new patch is available. Maybe it is a request but maybe it can be scripted aswell.

Legacy Posted By Username: SobriuS