Kaseya Community

Patch Nightmare

• I used Kaseya's patch management for the first time last night..It was a nightmare!! I woke up this morning to 5 servers being unable to use their proprietary software, 5 workstations crashed.

One error was due to a winsock that Kaseya was using..I ended up using LSP fix to resolve that issue

The others im still working on getting up and running..

I find it hard to believe that they don't have a better Roll Back system.The Roll Back option doesn't list the times and dates that the new patches were installed.Support told me that only some updates will list the date and times. Though if you use the windows update site for updates, it lists all date and times for you...

Anyelse having these issues with patch mgmt?

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Nightmare,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rcnnetworks
  • The only issueswe have had with patch management were related to MS Office prompting for a CD which is a MS issue.

Kaseya doesn't do anything to the systems that a normal patch install would not do. I suspect that the issues you experienced had more to do with the introduction of the patches then the process used to deliver them.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mgolicher
  • I agree that microsoft fixes one thing , yet breaks another with their patches.. Though on 2 of the systems that had failed , the issue was caused by an kaseyasp.dll. I ran LSP fix and removed the Dll file...But that is not the issue with this current server.

• Update:

I uninstalled Kaseya agent from the server that was having issues, and everything was working fine after that...Whatever Kaseya is using to push the updates, along with that dll file caused the problem across the board for me...

• I've been using Kaseya to patch for just over a year. I've onlyhad twoproblems:

1.Microsoft Office wanting media (solved - check for another post on the forum)

2. Acouple of updates willnot install. Kaseya claims the systems are missing these updates, but when the installing the update the update claims it can't install due to the product is missing or not installed.

I wonder are you usingnetwork access driver? It's the only part of Kaseya agent software I can think of would add an LSP entry.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • I am using the network access driver...You think that is what is causing issues?

• rcnnetworks wrote:
    I am using the network access driver...You think that is what is causing issues?

Yes. It is not reccomended on servers.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • I've had it installed though for weeks...And now today that I pushed out some updates everything went south...I'd hate to take off that feature if its something to do with the patch management

• Its strongly not reccomended for servers. Not needed either (IMO).

Legacy Posted By Username: far182