Kaseya Community

Patches fail to download to local server

• We have set up several clients to download and distribute the patches from a local directory share inside their network.

This is working well at one site.

The other two sites only download one patch at a time, install this then all the other patches requested to be installed fail.

If we repeat the process this happens again.

Any ideas?

Nathan

Legacy Forum Name: Patches fail to download to local server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TECHMEDPTYLTD
  • This seems to only fail on sites with a Cisco 877 Series Router.

Am going to check configuration of this router.

Will post findings.

Thanks

Nathan

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
  • Update:

It seems to be the Router...... It allows the connections out, but then not the reply?

Any ideas on how to allow this?

Nathan

• Ok, It seems I am talking to myself here.......

The patches download to the local server if I choose to push them from the System Server, rather than download them from the Internet?

Any ideas?

Nathan

• One thing I've found when dealing with Cisco routers is to check the MTU of the Internet interface. I've had success with setting this to 1400...

Just a thought.

Brian

Legacy Posted By Username: bdawson
  • Coming from a Cisco background 1400 seems a bit low.

There are definately times that it needs to be lowered from the default of 1500 for an ethernet interface, but seldom is there a need to go quite that low.

Where it needs to be set all depends on what type of Internet Connection you are actually using. One specific case that I know of when it needs to be lowered is if you are connecting to a DSL connection and your provider users PPPoE. In that case the Ideal MTU is 1492. An additional element that comes into play if you are running traffic over an IPSEC VPN Connection, in which case an MTU size around 1450 works quite well. Overall I don't know that I've ever set an MTU on a router below about 1450.

While having the MTU set to high can cause problems, setting it too low can also cause performance issues. The best MTU size to use can vary from connection to connection. To determine what the optimal MTU size is for your network it's best to do some tests. See http://help.stargate.net/broadband/mtu_ping_test.shtml for more info on how to find the optimal MTU size for your network.

Legacy Posted By Username: Jonathan
  • My kaseya server cannot download files from internet, when the server try to download the files, the credentials used to connect at ISA 2003 server is anonymous, and the ISA 2003 server deny the connection.
    I´m using the ISA firewall client on Kaseya server but the error persist.
    I configure the worksation, to download the patchs but the same error it occurs, the credencial is set in kaseya agent, but my ISA server show the workstation using the anonymous credential.

Any Ideas ?

Legacy Posted By Username: ricardofelix
  • So the server is checking in fine? Are you pushing from the system server or downloading from MS?

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • MissingLink wrote:
    So the server is checking in fine? Are you pushing from the system server or downloading from MS?

God Bless,

Marty

The server is fine, other aplications is working fine !
    The workstations are pushing from the system server.
    The kaseya server are pushing from internet, but the error occurs and the file are not downloaded.

• I initially had a problem and in my case it was the local user setup but I did go thru this checklist to ultimately reach my solution.

From the server in question, can you log in and surf to theVSA website? http://vsaupdate.kaseya.com/With newer Win2003 servers sometimes sites need to be approved before they are allowed to access them.

Has theserver in question been set to download its patches directly from the internet?

Does the user in agent tab->set credentials exist and have local or domain administrator rights to the server in question? Is its password set to "never expire"?

Legacy Posted By Username: systemet
  • fire_error.JPG
    systemet wrote:
    I initially had a problem and in my case it was the local user setup but I did go thru this checklist to ultimately reach my solution.

From the server in question, can you log in and surf to theVSA website? http://vsaupdate.kaseya.com/With newer Win2003 servers sometimes sites need to be approved before they are allowed to access them.
    Yes I can surf (This page intentionally left blank)

Has theserver in question been set to download its patches directly from the internet? (YES)

Does the user in agent tab->set credentials exist and have local or domain administrator rights to the server in question? (YES) Is its password set to "never expire"? (YES)
    But my ISA server show the server using the anonymous credential see in image file.

Can I use "Integrated" authentication with windows or only basic authentication ?