Kaseya Community

Lag time between MS patch release and Kaseya db refresh

• What is the expected time delay between the release of an MS patch and the time our servers pull it down? For example, MS06-055 (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-055.mspx)was released earlier today, and my server doesn't have it yet.

Legacy Forum Name: Lag time between MS patch release and Kaseya db refresh,
    Legacy Posted By Username: David_Schrag
  • Very good question - and in fact, that's why I came to the forum, to see if the patch database would be refreshed tonight with the lastest VML patch.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: BCarder
  • When do you have your refresh database set to run?

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • I ran mine manually just before posting, around 9 pm EDT last night. It ran again at 3:00 this morning, and I still don't see it in the database. For that matter, I don't see MS06-054, either!

• Hi,

please see this article for an overview of the patch policy.

http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=230&forum_id=5&

In this case, Microsoft made the patch available via Windows Update, must sooner than it made it available to other sources, such as SUS, and their published MSSecure Database.

Legacy Posted By Username: jnuttall
  • I'm aware of the policy. Hopefully it will be available ASAP.

Legacy Posted By Username: BCarder
  • Seems like zero-day vulnerability patches need to get some kind of special treatment. Waiting up to 4 days for a critical patch seems way too long.

Also, that forum article you cited should be either moved or cross-posted to the Patch Database Updates section of the forum (not General Information) so it can be found more easily.

As to the specific case, when can we expect MS06-055 to be posted in Kaseya?