Kaseya Community

Reboot Option not Applying

This question has suggested answer(s)

I was wondering if anyone's run into this issue and has some insight into why this is happening.  I'm trying to update the Reboot Action option for Patch Management.  For some reason the reboot action is not uniform, some are set to "Ask to Reboot every 60 minutes" and others are set to "Skip reboot if user logged in".  I'm trying to get everything except my servers on "If user logged in ask permission.  Do nothing if no response in 5 minutes. Reboot if user not logged in."  I select all of my machines, check the box for that option and click on Apply and nothing happens.  Just a quick pause and no change.  I've tried just a single machine and it does the same thing.

Verified Answer
  • Ok, this is weird, I normally use IE for VSA, mostly because it uses aspx.  I haven't had any issues in IE with views or accessing anything but in this one instance Chrome would record the click and make the change while IE would do nothing.  What's funny is I use IE just for two things, VSA and to access our 365 admin portal so this may eliminate one tab open in IE and add to my open tabs in Chrome.

All Replies
  • I should also note that this also happens with options without fields.  I'm also updating the reboot policy for our servers and setting to  "Do not reboot after update." and leaving the send email option unchecked I get the same issue.

• I would check your policies. One maybe overriding another, or they haven't updated correctly. Try clearing the polices and refreshing them. Also, check and see which policy is causing the problem.  

• I actually did not originally have a reboot option in my Policy Management.  I did try changing it in there with no luck.  It's weird because I should be able to override the Policy by doing the change in Patch Management for the specific machines.

• Ok, this is weird, I normally use IE for VSA, mostly because it uses aspx.  I haven't had any issues in IE with views or accessing anything but in this one instance Chrome would record the click and make the change while IE would do nothing.  What's funny is I use IE just for two things, VSA and to access our 365 admin portal so this may eliminate one tab open in IE and add to my open tabs in Chrome.

• Try after clearing your IE cache