Kaseya Community

Windows 10 Creators update - Control

• Anybody that have controlled the installation of 1703-Creators Update Feature Update from Kaseya?

We still don't see it in our VSA as a patch to approve/decline, so I'm a bit worried that you will not be able to control this with Kaseya? Anybody with any experience?

And will we be able to control the user interface messages/nag screen from the feature update in Kaseya? Or will the feature update override our Kaseya reboot settings?

Gaute Stakston

• The issue is that Creators Update does not have a KB number. It is also not discoverable in the Microsoft Catalog. As far as I understand, Microsoft is only allowing users to defer the install. If anyone can chime in, that would be super.

• After some research I was able to find a way to defer the Creators Update changing some Windows settings.

These settings can be changed via the registry keys.

We have an Agent Procedure on Automation Exchange to delay it for 180 days but to this day there is no way to totally block it.

Here is the link to the AEx listing: automationexchange.kaseya.com/.../347

• I have noticed that KB4013214 is a prereq. We have not seen any update for 1703 since we blocked that update.