Kaseya Community

Lan Cache - Pending Removal

This question is answered

I had used the Lan Cache in the past and stopped.  i removed all the Lan Cache machines and went about my business.  

I'm now in the process of setting up Lan Cache again.

However, it seems that i can't add it to three of my machines as they are listed as "***** Pending Removal *****"

if i try to "add LAN Cache" it states that a removal is pending, if i "clear pending" it will let me add but then never adds anything and still says pending removal.

This is not a timing issue as i had removed and stopped using Lan Cache over a year ago.  Is there some way to manually refresh this?

Verified Answer
  • Hi  

If you are an on-premise customer and comfortable with SQL, you could check out the following table to see what it displays.

[ksubscribers].[dbo].[systemFileShare]

You will see a column called "isPending":

This should at the least point you in the right direction, the column values are the following:

Status of system file share:

• 0 = nothing pending
    • 1 = install pending
    • 2 = removal pending

If you are not comfortable with SQL or updating database tables, I would reference this information if applicable in a support ticket.

Let me know if you have done so already and are having any issues with that.

All Replies
  • Hi  

If you are an on-premise customer and comfortable with SQL, you could check out the following table to see what it displays.

[ksubscribers].[dbo].[systemFileShare]

You will see a column called "isPending":

This should at the least point you in the right direction, the column values are the following:

Status of system file share:

• 0 = nothing pending
    • 1 = install pending
    • 2 = removal pending

If you are not comfortable with SQL or updating database tables, I would reference this information if applicable in a support ticket.

Let me know if you have done so already and are having any issues with that.

• They were listed as "2"  and had the old value in them.  Once I changed them to 0 the console showed the old paths and i was able to then initiate a "remove Lan Cache" and it processed correctly.

Thanks so much for the quick response!