Kaseya Community

List of Approved/Denied Patches

This question is not answered

Hello All,

Is anyone aware of a way to export a list of all the approved/denied patches within a patch membership group?  I have been poking around the Info Center reports but can't seem to figure out a clear way to accomplish this.  I am mostly looking for just Windows 7 machines but a complete list will suffice and I can just remove what I don't need.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Joseph Figaniak

Changed post to a question
[edited by: joe.figaniak at 8:24 AM (GMT -7) on Aug 10, 2015]
Verified Answer
  • I believe I found the answer to my question.

I created a blank report found in Report Part>Patch>Patch Policy. Set the report to spreadsheet and configured as follows.

Add Rows: KB Article ID, Published Date, Product, Title, Approval Status Description.

Next>

Order By: Publish Date

Group By: Approval Status Description

Next>

Advanced Filters: Product>Like>Windows7 (this was what I needed), Approval Status ID>NotEqual>2 (0=approved, 1=denied, 2=pending)

This gave me the report I needed for only Windows 7 machines.  I then broke this into two separate reports one for denied and one for approval using the advanced filters section.

All Replies
  • I believe I found the answer to my question.

I created a blank report found in Report Part>Patch>Patch Policy. Set the report to spreadsheet and configured as follows.

Add Rows: KB Article ID, Published Date, Product, Title, Approval Status Description.

Next>

Order By: Publish Date

Group By: Approval Status Description

Next>

Advanced Filters: Product>Like>Windows7 (this was what I needed), Approval Status ID>NotEqual>2 (0=approved, 1=denied, 2=pending)

This gave me the report I needed for only Windows 7 machines.  I then broke this into two separate reports one for denied and one for approval using the advanced filters section.

You can look at all patches available within a policy and then copy that into an excel spreadsheet - this would be your option from within the UI.  To do this, navigate to Patch Management > Approval by Policy, select the policy, and click on the Totals link to see all patches and their status.  You can then select all of the data and paste it into excel.  

You can also query this information from the database, if you are using Kaseya On Premise (vs. the Cloud solution).  This would require querying against/joining several tables.  You should be very comfortable with SQL before attempting anything of this sort.  I can point you to the correct tables that you could then use to build your own query.  If you are interested in this, please PM me for the info.  

Thank you,

Brande