I have opened 70159 for this problem, but I wanted to reach out to the community as well to see if anyone else has seen this.

On Thursday, I scheduled about 25 servers to install patch(es) at 2:00 AM, Monday, February 16.  These were all a re-run of patches that failed last Monday morning.  I checked the results this morning and saw that 9 servers report pending patches in the Patch Status screen.  This was alarming as I can't have client servers patched and rebooted during the business day.  Upon further investigation, I see no pending patch installation scripts in the Live Connect of Agent Status screens.  I also see no patch scripts in the procedure history.  In addition, I see that many of these servers report 1 failed patch in the Patch Status screen, but when I click the hyperlink number, the pop up reports "No records found"

This is very concerning as I have patch installs configured to reboot when completed.  I cannot have these scripts randomly start and reboot client servers reboot.  Has anyone else seen this?  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.