Kaseya Community

"Patch Reboot" Script

This question is answered

Hello, I'm currently troubleshooting issues with our backup software, AppAssure, and they're asking me what batch file runs to reboot the servers for patches.  The Procedure (Script) is called "Patch Reboot", but I'm not sure exactly what the command is and I can't find it anywhere in Agent Procedures.  Does anyone have this info?

Thanks in advance.

Verified Answer
  • Patch Reboots are configured under Patch Management > Configure > Reboot Action.

However I would not use those for servers (unless Kaseya has changed the reboot tool) as you will get a bad shutdown event when the server comes back online. If you create and schedule a Kaseya Agent Procedure with Execute Shell Command and this line:

SHUTDOWN /r /d P:4:1 /c "Weekly Maintenance"

Then it will reboot the server and add a comment in the event log "Weekly Maintenance", /d P:4:1 switch tells it that it is a scheduled reboot event which means no annoying bad shutdown event.

All Replies
  • Patch Reboots are configured under Patch Management > Configure > Reboot Action.

However I would not use those for servers (unless Kaseya has changed the reboot tool) as you will get a bad shutdown event when the server comes back online. If you create and schedule a Kaseya Agent Procedure with Execute Shell Command and this line:

SHUTDOWN /r /d P:4:1 /c "Weekly Maintenance"

Then it will reboot the server and add a comment in the event log "Weekly Maintenance", /d P:4:1 switch tells it that it is a scheduled reboot event which means no annoying bad shutdown event.

• Thanks for the response, I didn't get an email saying that anyone responded so I just saw this now.  I'm not worried about the bad shutdown event, as that's apparently not the issue.  I didn't realize I could use a custom script to reboot, the software vendor gave me the reboot script they'd prefer so I'm going to implement that now.  Thanks for leading me to the answer!