Kaseya Community

KB2656370 Failures

This question has suggested answer(s)

I haven't dug too deep into it yet, but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone is having the same problem...

I am seeing a very large numbers of failures this week for patch KB2656370, probably about 75% of machines the install was ran on.  The patch fails when the patch management cycle is re-run.  Has anyone else seen this?  What did you do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

All Replies
  • This has happened before. It seems to happen with .NET updates in particular. You just have to dump the file onto the pc and run it silently with a script such as this:

<ScriptExport xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" xmlns="www.kaseya.com/.../Scripting">

- <Procedure name="KB2656370 - XP">

- <Body description="KB2656370 - Security Update">

- <If description="KB2656370 - Security Update">

<Condition name="True" />

- <Then>

- <Statement description="" name="GetVariable" continueOnFail="false" osType="XP">

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="VariableType" value="AgentInstallDrive" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="SourceContent" value="" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="VariableName" value="agentDrv" />

</Statement>

- <Statement description="" name="WriteFile" continueOnFail="false" osType="XP">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Path" value="#agentDrv#temp\KB2656370-X86.exe" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="ManagedFile" value="VSASharedFiles\MSUpdates\2012\KB2656370-X86.exe" />

<Parameter xsi:type="BooleanParameter" name="DeleteAfter" value="False" />

</Statement>

- <Statement description="" name="ExecuteFile" continueOnFail="false" osType="XP">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Path" value="#agentDrv#temp\KB2656370-X86.exe" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="Arguments" value="/q /norestart" />

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="ExecuteAccount" value="System" />

<Parameter xsi:type="BooleanParameter" name="WaitComplete" value="True" />

</Statement>

- <Statement description="" name="ExecuteScript" continueOnFail="true" osType="XP">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="ScriptID" value="269" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="ScriptName" value="Patch Scan" />

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="TimeDelay" value="10" />

<Parameter xsi:type="EnumParameter" name="TimeUnit" value="Minutes" />

</Statement>

</Then>

</If>

</Body>

</Procedure>

</ScriptExport>

• Have you tried by unchecking the option "Delete package after install (from working directory)"

• Deleted patch (NDP1.1sp1-KB2656370-X86.exe) from patch source and re-scheduled machine update work for me.

• Is there any way to make this work through Kaseya Patch Management?  

I did some testing and it's still failing.  

I really don't want to create and deploy a custom script for a patch that should install through patch management.  

I have had some luck on failed machines doing what mikel described of letting the patch fail, clearing from the file source and re-running, but I can't do that over thousands of workstations.

Thanks.

• Why can't I import your procedure? It says there is an error in the XML document...