Kaseya Community

The Windows Automatic Update configuration was changed

• Hi;

As we have a lot of domain attached systems and many of them at one time or another used WSUS, I get a lot of Win AU Change events.

My Question is what is the best practice when moving from WSUS to Kaseya Patching with regards to changes that needs to be made?

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: The Windows Automatic Update configuration was changed,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ChrisVisser
  • We don't alarm/alert on this, we just look for it as part of our weekly patch approval process.

When migrating from WSUS, make sure you change any group policies (or delete registry keys if you were doing it manually). But it really depends on how you were doing it before what you should look for.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Intech-Jason
  • Hi I also get these alarms about Windows Update Configuration changed, but in my case I tried using Patchmanagement before and have reverted to using WSUS and the GPO's (on SBS servers) to configure it's clients. It seems there is no option in Patch Management for WIndows Auto Update configuration to have it controlled by Windows. The "controlled by user" creates alarms when it gets overwriten by the GPO's, but it seems that enforcing the configuration of Windows Update with any other option from within Patchmanagement also does this.
    How should I handle this?
    Kaseya support regards my problem as a feature request, while I consider it to be a bug....

Peter

Legacy Posted By Username: ikookmaar
  • If you are transitioning from WSUS to Kaseya Patch Mgmt we require that the WSUS service is disabled. And we go even further by recommending that the WSUS be uninstall-ed.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Search/en-US?query=uninstall%20wsus&ac=3

Legacy Posted By Username: ellis_ac