Kaseya Community

Download & Notify [Servers]

• OK so my Servers should be patch scanning every 3 days and new patches are released the 1st of every month. We should be able to watch our dashboard and run reports on their status.

Where do the patches download to? Our temp directory is C:\temp and Patch Source is set to: From Internet - To temp directory on drive with most free space - Delete after install.

How should I be getting notified that patches are being downloaded and ready to install? I tried MS Updates on a server and it found 47 updates. In Patch status, it says it has 6 Missing approved, 2 Missing manual.

Legacy Forum Name: Download & Notify [Servers],
    Legacy Posted By Username: danieldausch
  • If you are setting your servers to “download and notify” under Windows automatic update, that actually means you are not using Kaseya for patch deployment, but rather Windows Automatic update (the built in Windows feature). You need to change it to disable and then configure Kaseya to install your updates under the "Automatic Update section".

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ChristiaanO
  • I have a question?

If windows automatic update is set to user control, does that mean why I try and patch machines certain if not all patches will fail on install?? Thanks in advance!

Legacy Posted By Username: rriess
  • rriess
    I have a question?

If windows automatic update is set to user control, does that mean why I try and patch machines certain if not all patches will fail on install?? Thanks in advance!

No, user control should not stop Kaseya from patching or cause Kaseya patching to fail.

Legacy Posted By Username: ChristiaanO