Kaseya Community

Pending Patches

• Hi All,

I'm having an issue with patching workstations at a couple of clients, where patches have been sitting at the 'Pending' status for over a week.

Daily patch scans are running (in the morning) and successfully identifying the outstanding patches.

Daily Automatic Updates are running (in the afternoon) and patching some machines, but not all.

If I look at the Script History on the individual workstations, I can see the various $ver$cred0$ and $inst$ptc0 entries.

If I look at the Script Log I can see entries such as:
    Executed patch: KB974554/MS09-060 - Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB974554)

Yet when the next patch scan is done, this patch is still showing as pending.

I'm at a loss as to how I move forward with this.

The workstations are turned off at the end of the day, so no reboots are required. The patch mentioned above is not the only patch that is not installing, there are a few others as well - none of which have been mentioned on this forum as needing the install commands updated etc.

Any pointers would be appreciated, as I feel like I'm going around in circles.

Kyle

Legacy Forum Name: Pending Patches,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kmcdonald
  • I have several machines showing pending patches. I have logged in and confirmed that these patches (by KB number) are already installed on the machines. Patch scans run on a daily basis and I have also forced it to run, but yet the condition persists.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Nathan
  • Well, I really don't like it, but I have fixed it... I just hope it doesnt show it's ugly head again. I have tons of better things to do than re-installing agents because of a reporting glitch.

Here is my process:
    connect to machine
    uninstall agent
    re-install agent
    set credentials and run a patch scan
    Verify that it is correclty reporting that all approved patches are installed.
    Merge the 2 agent accounts together and re-verifiy patch reporting.

-N8

• Nathan
    Well, I really don't like it, but I have fixed it... I just hope it doesnt show it's ugly head again. I have tons of better things to do than re-installing agents because of a reporting glitch.

Here is my process:
    connect to machine
    uninstall agent
    re-install agent
    set credentials and run a patch scan
    Verify that it is correclty reporting that all approved patches are installed.
    Merge the 2 agent accounts together and re-verifiy patch reporting.

-N8

Did you try just resetting the credentials?

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • yes.......