Kaseya Community

Patch Approval Policy - Patches sitting at pending approval

• hiya,

I have a policy called Workstations

The security patches are set to Approved so all patches should be approved automatically.

however I noticed today that I have some patches sitting at pending approved when i check them they are all Windows 7 and Windows 2008 patches.

Why would they sit at pending approved if the policy is saying all are approved by default

When I look at any patch it is Pending Approval (Default Override)

Anybody shed some light on this.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Approval Policy - Patches sitting at pending approval,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • We have been seeing the same things. Tons of updates, all the way up to Critical Updates, dating back into 2009 that are not superseded by anything that are sitting at Pending Approval.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sdcochran
  • I can't shed any light on it, but my automatic approval has never worked. I have the top 3 levels of Critical Security patches set to Auto, and every week I still have to go in and click the list of Pending ones to approve them. It hasn't bothered me enough to open a ticket with Kaseya, so I'm not sure why it's happening.

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • Under Approval By Policy, far right hand side, check whether you are viewing by classification or by product. The classifications don't change, but the products get added to frequently and new products don't inherit any default approval settings apart from "pending approval".

With this oddity in mind our automatic approvals work fine. Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: wodger
  • Thanks Wodger, this helped sort out the issue we were having with the W7 updates.

Legacy Posted By Username: ds_aztechit