Kaseya Community

Multiple Patch File Sources...

• Can someone please share their experience with using Kaseya's "File Source" to configure multiple agents in different locations to be the provider of patches for its location?

Legacy Forum Name: Multiple Patch File Sources...,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cameronpratto
  • We are suffering this also. They say it can be done, but I feel it cannot. We have a customer site that has one main server which acts in the same way a a WSUS server. ie: all Kaseya updates come down to it. this services as the file server for all the other servers in the region. *there are 12. This works fine and the updates are working OK. But the remote servers in branch locations cannot act as file servers for any of the workstations using them.
    What I want is to have the Branch servers get their updates form the main server and then the workstations get their updates from their respective Branch server. Thus saving on massive amounts of INTERNET usage. *in Australia we are charge by usage not unlimited (or very rarely)
    If anyone know how to tier the updates to workstations or make a secondary file server in an infrastructure, please let us know.
    thanks
    in advance
    Craig
    MrBungle50

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mrbungle50
  • This is doable, and very easy to setup...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • If this is easy to set up can you please enlighten me on how it can be done?
    Your post was frustrating to say the least..........

Legacy Posted By Username: Mrbungle50
  • Mrbungle50
    If this is easy to set up can you please enlighten me on how it can be done?
    Your post was frustrating to say the least..........

If the network has proper infrastruction it's easy and I do this all the time with several clients.

Pulled from file server using UNC path... key 1... can you UNC into the server of choice from the remote locations? (i.e. \\Server\Path) If yes, good... If no, you can always set up a file server at the remote sites...

The credential, key 2 make sure it works...

My answer was short because we've covered this many times before and is in the training material

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty