Kaseya Community

PM Training, videos, anything.....

• Ok I give up on trying to figure this thing out myself. The awesome 4.5 minute video on K2 patch management isn’t helpful. I can click the links and read the labels myself.
    I checked youtube for something more in depth, not much there yet other than weak overviews.
    Anybody have any links or resources to really figuring out the patch management system and how it works.
    Some examples: Every week I have to approve patches that are in a product group that is set to Approved. Er whats the point of an auto approve policy if you still have to approve patches?
    I only have servers in my server policy yet I’m asked to approve XP patches.
    I just don’t get it.
    tx

Legacy Forum Name: PM Training, videos, anything.....,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • Maybe I've been using Kaseya too long and have gotten used to it's quirks.

The online help seems to have a fairly good explanation of patch management and things like Auto Approval.

Is it possible you are still suffering fallout from support "fixing" your failed upgrade? If a policy is set to auto-approve and patches are still pending, that is not expected behaviour.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Well I found a little dropdown box to change between Product and Classification. Red Faced
    So It makes more sense now. I still like some more hands on with how other people do things. I still have lots of failed patchs I end up just logging in and manually running.
    Should I deny a patch that has been superseded? I'll go over the built in help again and see if a light goes off Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • JointTech
    Well I found a little dropdown box to change between Product and Classification. Red Faced
    So It makes more sense now. I still like some more hands on with how other people do things. I still have lots of failed patchs I end up just logging in and manually running.
    Should I deny a patch that has been superseded? I'll go over the built in help again and see if a light goes off Smile

I do not deny patches that have been superseded because I'm not sure of the order that the patches are installed. It's one of those better safe than sorry bits...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty