Hello,
I am facing some issues with the Patch Management feature - Kaseya version installed: 5.1.0.0

Brief description:

When a remote machine is configured to retrieve patches via Internet passing through a MS ISP Proxy server (working credentials provided), all patches get downloaded with the size of 8.0 KiloBytes only - which means corrupted.
Same credentials work fine when trying to download the patches from internet using Internet Explorer for example...

I will put down all the situations and their results; I humbly ask for your help.

Definitions:
Test Machine: A
Kaseya Server: KServer

Situation 1 (patching works fine)
--------------
Patch Source: From System Server – To temp drive/directory – Do not delete
Proxy on network: exists
Proxy settings in Kaseya: Not configured
Credentials: Not configured
Result:
- Patch Status Test Results: Passed
- Patching is perfect – patch file is downloaded by KServer from internet and then copied to A temp folder and then run/installed.
- When patch scan is run again on A after reboot, patch is not required in the list any more (which is good)

Situation 2 (patching is not working)
--------------
Patch Source: From Internet – To temp drive/directory – Do not delete
Proxy on network: exists

Phase 1
Proxy settings in Kaseya: Not configured
Result:
- Patch Status test result: Failed (when running the test -> Patch file failed to download)
- Patch file is <> from internet (not in temp folder) – patch process completes and reboot takes place on A, but patch is still required in the list (this is expected)

Phase 2
Proxy settings in Kaseya: Configured with an authenticated username and password (same username can browse and download exe files on the same machine using IE)
Result:
- Patch Status test result: Failed (when running the test -> Patch file failed to download)
- Patch file <> fro
16:07:39 30-Mar-09
houssam m internet (in temp folder) but it is not installed. Patch process completes and reboot takes place on A, but patch is still required in the list

Phase 3
Proxy settings in Kaseya: Configured with an authenticated username and password (same username can browse and download exe files on the same machine using IE)
Credentials: Configured (Passed in test)
Result:
- Patch file <> from internet (in temp folder) but it did not run. Patch process completes and reboot takes place on A, but patch is still required in the list.

Situation 3
--------------
Patch Source: From Shared Folder – To temp drive/directory – Do not delete
Same with Situation 2 phases, patch is not being installed machine A.

I do really need your support guys .. please!

Houssam

Legacy Forum Name: All The patches are downloaded corrupted.,
Legacy Posted By Username: CNS999