Kaseya Community

Text files in File Source

• So everything was working fine until about a week ago (the last round of patches). When I disovered that instead of finding the patch files in the file source I started getting text files. It seems to only be happening to this one client.

Patch Status test, and crenditials still pass...

filename: 80024093012825361616881549.txt
    file contents:

This directory is automatically managed using software
    run by your system administrator.

Please do not remove, rename, or delete this directory.

So anyone else see this? Or know whats going on?

Legacy Forum Name: Text files in File Source,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • thirteentwenty
    So anyone else see this? Or know whats going on?

You made the mistake of leaving check automatically for hotfixes checked on by default on your Kaseya server... Big Smile

Those files are generated by the Patch Test mechanism IIRC. If they're correctly getting copied down to the client then your patching is working fine. As for why they're being without scheduling patch testing, I'm not so sure.

Andrew

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au
  • MadMadMad
    where is this setting you speak of, for I must slay it!!!!elevenoneone

• [QUOTE=andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au;52450]You made the mistake of leaving check automatically for hotfixes checked on by default on your Kaseya server... Big Smile

Those files are generated by the Patch Test mechanism IIRC. If they're correctly getting copied down to the client then your patching is working fine. As for why they're being without scheduling patch testing, I'm not so sure.

Andrew[/QUOTE]

Sorry to dig this up again, but why would it only affect one client and not all of them?