Kaseya Community

Patch Status failing

• Hello every

When i do a patch status test a group of PC they always fail. I get one of two messages every time and they are:

Credential might be invalid. Patch file downloaded but failed to execute.
    I have tested and changed the credentials a number of times.

and/or

Patch file failed to download.

When I check the Patch status logs of the machines some of them say that they are fully patchedConfused, which would be nearly impossible because my users down have access to download nor installl ANYTHING..... Im just mainly confused and a bit annoyed at this group. Also nearly forgot this is happening on one group only. Im not allowed to throw my clients server out the windowEek so I beg for your help...

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Status failing,
    Legacy Posted By Username: manchellom
  • Two questions:

1. Are these laptops?
    2. What time are you attempting to patch?

Matt

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • Nope they all are Xp sp2-sp3 workstations.
    I have run the patches after hours when they are not in the office and before the day starts and they and they always seem to fail.

• Try this:

1. Confirm you can logon to the workstation as the credentials specified for the agent?
    2. Confirm you can access the share where the patch files are stored?
    Matt

• yes I can do both

• Ok two more things:

1. Create a script thats first step is Use Credential. Run it on one workstation. If it fails it's definitely in the agent credential setup. Double check it making sure to check the domain or local user name specified.
    2. Under file source turn on the option to "Download from Internet if machine is unable to connect to the file server" for one workstation. Now force the deployment of a patch. If it completes the file source is the problem. Double check the patch source location. Verify there are files in the directory or at least the KB of the one you're attempting to deploy. All downloaded previously patches should be in the folder. One typo in the file source section will cause the patch process to fail. Be source you have the correct URL, the correct system listed, and the correct local path.
    Matt

• Thank you for your help but i have resolved the issue... in the path \\server\c$\patches I may have kinda forgot the c$ part...... Big Smile

Really I should get kicked in the sack for that.

but Thank ever so much for your help.

• We all make mistakes. Just don't let it happen again. Or I'll have to show you how much a Nerf bat can really hurt ya! Big Smile