Kaseya Community

Continually getting "Patch Post-Installation Reboot Required" message

• Hi All,

Probably a newbie question here, but can't find the answer anywhere else.

We've got several machines and servers that continually give us an alert with the message "Patch Post-Installation Reboot Required on " - even after we've rebooted the machine.

Last night, I set several of the servers to reboot after patching, which takes place at 3 AM. It appears the reboot took place, but I still get these messages.

Is there something I'm missing? How do we clear that message, or is there some additional action needed ?

Thanks in advance to all -

rj

Legacy Forum Name: Continually getting "Patch Post-Installation Reboot Required" message,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rbjsea
  • Sounds like you have a patch that is failing to install, Kaseya will mark the server needing reboot regardless if the patch requiring a reboot installed correctly or not.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • I've seen this on a few machines to. I recommend just manually doing windows updates on the machine to get the one or two that are failing install. Seems to work for me, but is painfull it is on a lot of machines.Big Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: ndoud
  • We've seen that problem on several occasions as well. The biggest culprit for us were updates that required some degree of user interaction and when they didn't get it - the install will try to run again and fail repeatedly. The update we had the most problems with was Windows Genuine Advantage.

As the other users suggested - manually running Windows Updates always fixed the problem for us.

Legacy Posted By Username: mbearden