Kaseya Community

Patch Scan Results Not Coming In

• Greetings

If anyone can provide assistance on this, it would be appreciated. We've recently taken over management of XP tablets from another company, and just started working with Kaseya. Unfortunately, history of these machines is foreign which makes this even more difficult.

Basically, I've done the following:

- Installed Agents
    - Setup Administrative Credentials
    - Tested Credentials
    - Established File Source (Internet)
    - Ran Test to Verify Patches Could Download and Install Successfully
    - Added Agent to Appropriate Policy
    - Ran Patch Scan

Results:

- On the agent there is a PatchScan.xml file populated in the temp folder. So, I'm assuming Patch Scan ran
    - Also on the agent (or client) under %systemroot%\WindowsUpdate.log there are patches showing as available for install

However:

- Kaseya is showing no patches missing
    - I've also tried to run Initial Update and Automatic Update from Kaseya with no success

On another note, I also cannot get Windows Event Logs to populate into Kaseya either. Could this be related? It appears for some reason, the agent isn't completing it's "results" back to the server. Obviously ports are open as I can run scripts, VNC, and see its status within Kaseya management screens.

Anyways, if anyone can provide some assistance it would be appreciated. I've spent 40 of the past 48 hours on this with no success yet.

Also, note we do have some machines patching and otherwise working fine...

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Scan Results Not Coming In,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bklumpp
  • bklumpp,

Silly question.... but... are you sure that the Agent only belongs to one Patch Policy, and that the patches are marked as Approved in that policy?

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • lwolf
    bklumpp,

Silly question.... but... are you sure that the Agent only belongs to one Patch Policy, and that the patches are marked as Approved in that policy?

Lloyd

[INDENT]Yes. The Agent only belongs to one Patch Policy and the patches are marked as Approved in that policy. [/INDENT]

• Well I'll be dipped in dog doo doo and rolled in a pool of mud....

I think it's working now....

Basically, what I ended up doing in case anyone else experiences trouble with this:

Under System -> Configure
    - Pressed 'Get Latest Hotfix'
    - Then 'Reapply Schema'
    - Enabled 'Enable VSA API Web Service' (Not sure if this mattered or not but had nothing to lose)

After about 5 minutes I now have a long queue of 'WUA Patch Scan 1 (x86)' queued up. And the check box option to configure Windows Auto Update settings is available under the Patch Management tab.

• By the way, thanks lwolf for responding to the post.

Regards