Kaseya Community

Deploying SQL service packs

• Just wondered as Kaseya has taken the "manual install" option on SQL service pack deployment. How is everyone automating the deploying of them?

Legacy Forum Name: Deploying SQL service packs,
    Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • I don't know about everyone else, but my company philosophy is to manually install updates to a server (auto to all workstations). K does a good job of letting us know when there are updates to apply to a server (and what they are).

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I'm with boudj on this one.

Clients are automatically patched, (except for some specialty machines). Servers are always patched manually.

By manually, I did 10 at a time last weekend all through Kaseya, but these were all patches that I know would not have an effect on installed applicaitons.

Things like Share Point updates, SQL Service Packs, etc. we do manually logged into the machine. In these cases we do special backups first and want to watch the screen to monitor for any problems with the update.

There are ones on servers like Exchange SP2 and Windows SP2 that we have gone through enough and are now comfortable pushing with Kaseya Manual Update.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • What about the "Manual Install" patches such as SQL Express 2005 SP3 (KB955706).

I've got a feeling the reason Kaseya has it as a manual patch is probably related to Microsoft's EULA, not positive though. I've been trying trying to find a way to script the install and can't come up with anything.

Has anyone else had any luck with this?

I too am curious what others are doing for manual patches that Kaseya won't install on workstations.

Legacy Posted By Username: JosephM