Kaseya Community

Invalid Agent Credential email on all agents today

• I just received alert emails, one for each of my clients machnes, saying that the Agent Credentials are Invalid. The body of the email only contains on word, "undefined".

If I check Credential status on the agents, everything passes.

Anbody else have this issue today?

Jeff

Legacy Forum Name: Invalid Agent Credential email on all agents today,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JFayne
  • We've been receiving a large number of these today. Same problem, one word in the message 'undefined'

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JosephM
  • We have been getting this as well.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • ..sigh..

Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: JFayne
  • We're seeing it too. Agents seem to pass credential tests just fine and are able to access their patching source without issue as well.

Legacy Posted By Username: swhansen
  • We've seen the same thing. I've receieved over 100 emails this morning about various machine across our college. Tried to called Kaseya and they are saying over an hour wait time. They also wont take anything that doesn't have an assigned ticket number already so I just emailed them. If anyone finds out what the heck is going on, please post it here!

THANK YOU!

Legacy Posted By Username: stevenc
  • I am also getting a lot of these alerts today.

Legacy Posted By Username: bent
  • Same thing here. Has anyone opened a ticket?

Legacy Posted By Username: WYDan
  • We're seeing these today as well. Watching this thread...

Legacy Posted By Username: techie2
  • It looks like a hotfix was installed lastnight.

Legacy Posted By Username: JosephM
  • We've seen them here too. YES, there was a hot fix put in last night... Hitfix was:
    [INDENT]Hotfix 2095 - Added support for superseded patches in the Patch Management module. Hotfix 2119 - Fixed bug where patch pending flag gets reset. Hotfix 2201/2229 - Fixed bug that was causing credential alerts to not be marked as sent.[/INDENT]

This is just another mark against Kaseya in their infamous testing abilities before applying a hotfix. Put it out and wait for us to test it.

This is getting.....!

EDIT: I might add that it seems that an unusually large number of the systems all have failed patch alerts as well. At this point, I don't know if the patches were actually installed and the error is a product of the other error, or if the patches have failed and who knows...

Legacy Posted By Username: rhayes@expertnetsolutions.com
  • Here's what I just got...
    -----------------------------------
    Author: Kalyan.Chakravarthy
    Date: 00:59:28 28-Feb-09
    Hello,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

A hot fix is released which has fixed the "Invalid Agent Credentials" issue.

Please goto System > Configure, Reload hotfix and make sure that the hotfix level is at 2230

------------------------------

Hope this helps.

Legacy Posted By Username: stevenc
  • We are experiencing this invalid credentials issue since about 3:30p yesterday. I opened a support ticket yesterday around 4p and got no response so I called tech support first thing this morning and was told that there are no techs available to talk to. I asked to wait in the queue, like I usually do, and was told that is not possible. Was also told that support doesn't work that way anymore and that I have to wait for someone to call me back. Of course nobody ever called, but shortly later I received an email indicating that the issue is being escalated. Then finally around 2p an email came through indicating that hotfix level 2230 is available to address this issue.

We were already on hotfix 2251 dated Feb-27-09, and this issue was still happening, so I don't see why support would want us to go back to a level 2230 hotfix, but I gave it a try.

I first tried clicking the "apply latest hotfix" button and nothing
    happened. Then tried clicking the re-load all hotfixes button and it
    showed that hotfix 2146 was applied, then after about 30 more seconds it
    showed hotfix 2176 was applied, then after that we started getting
    internal server errors, and now we cannot even get logged back into
    Kaseya.

Then Kaseya started showing the following error (below) and now we are completely "dead in the water" and can't get into Kaseya at all.

Shows this error:

The page cannot be displayed

There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot
    be displayed.

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error

Internet Information Services

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------

Error Type:

Active Server Pages, ASP 0126 (0x-7fffbffb)

The include file '/monitorTab/activateSNMPMonSet.inc' was not found.

C:\KASEYA\WEBPAGES\ACCESS\../inc/applySchema.inc, line 2075

Browser Type:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; SV1; .NET CLR
    1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2)

Time:

Friday, February 27, 2009 3:59:34 PM
    ----------------

I asked for a tech to call me ASAP, but no call yet. Four more hours have gone by and just got an email indicating this issue has been escalated to our regional support manager who will contact asap (who knows when this will be).

I sent another email asking where I can download the hotfixes to try manually applying them outside of Kaseya's web interface, but no response back on that one.

It is like pulling teeth to get a call back from support. At this rate I anticipate being down until sometime Monday morning.

I just don't understand Kaseya support. There's plenty of other MSP offerings out there. It just doesn't seem that Kaseya values there customers.

Legacy Posted By Username: wadeb
  • Well I took matters into my own hands and decided to re-apply Kaseya 2008 SP1 and now I am able to get back into the Kaseya web interface. It also automatically downloaded all available hotfixes so now it shows that we are on hotfix level 2251 dated Feb-27-09. So, I am back to square one. Now, I will monitor to see if we still receive the "invalid agent credentials" notifications. I'll let you know if we see anymore notifications or not.

Legacy Posted By Username: wadeb
  • Same ticket problem here. My email was drowning under tickets this morning.

I will keep watching this thread. don't want to apply the hotfix "solution" if it's going to kill server access.

I am getting so tired of "fixes" and updates that break everything...

Legacy Posted By Username: ITByTheSea