Kaseya Community

Denying patches based on product?

• We have several customers that have Microsoft SQL Server that is managed by the software vendor, not us. Is there a way to deny the installation of ONLY SQL patches for that customer?

Legacy Forum Name: Denying patches based on product?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nbrubaker@emaple.net
  • One way would be to create a new Policy Group, perhaps called something like 'unpatched SQL' and assign tall servers iwhere the SQL App is managed by somone else into this Policy. Then just deny all SQL updates in this policy.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • If an agent has more than one policy applied, will it favor the deny?

So lets say that an agent is a member of Policy A and Policy B.

Policy A approves a patch and Policy B denies the patch.

Will the patch be approved or denied?

Cheers.

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • LANWorx
    If an agent has more than one policy applied, will it favor the deny?
    So lets say that an agent is a member of Policy A and Policy B.
    Policy A approves a patch and Policy B denies the patch.
    Will the patch be approved or denied?
    Cheers.

From the K QuickStart training I went though, I was told it would be Denied.

Per Kaseya online help.... "If a machine is a member of multiple patch policies and those policies have conflicting approval statuses, the most restrictive approval status is used."

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Thanks for the replies - they are certainly informative, but I was hoping there was a way within Kaseya to detect the installed program, and then reference that against the 'Product Name' section in patches to deny patches.

I'm guessing it's not possible - I can't find anywhere inside Kaseya to correlate the Product Name in the patches to the installed applications.

Legacy Posted By Username: nbrubaker@emaple.net