Kaseya Community

Checking what service Pack is installed on Exchange 2003

• Trying to find and or create a report to check what service pack is installed.
    Example
    Exchange SP2 installed yes no
    Windows Server 2003 SP2 installed yes no
    SBS 2003 SP1 installed yes no
    Kaseya does not push out these patches and I'm trying to run a report to find out what servers need what patches with out logging on to each and checking it manually.

Any idea's?

Legacy Forum Name: Checking what service Pack is installed on Exchange 2003,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gbishop@databalance.com
  • gbishop@databalance.com
    Trying to find and or create a report to check what service pack is installed.
    Example
    Exchange SP2 installed yes no
    Windows Server 2003 SP2 installed yes no
    SBS 2003 SP1 installed yes no
    Kaseya does not push out these patches and I'm trying to run a report to find out what servers need what patches with out logging on to each and checking it manually.

Any idea's?

Here's the one I have easily at hand. SP2 is 7638.
    Exchange 2003 service pack level is stored here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Setup\ServicePackBuild

The others are stored in the registry as well. You just have to do a little bit of googling.

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • If you check the Installed Apps part of the Audit screen, you can find the version number from most of the Exchange EXEs (mad.exe, dispatch.exe, eseutil.exe). You can reference that against the MSKB about Exchange versions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/158530

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • Thanks for the replies, was hoping that there was a way in patching to check vs checking reg keys

Legacy Posted By Username: gbishop@databalance.com
  • In Patch Machine History you should see plenty of reference to Exchange Service pack 2 updates.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca