Kaseya Community

Patch Management (where is this file coming from?)

• Dear Kaseya Community,
    I am getting some complaints by users of Windows Vista Ultimate where a file is trying to install and is causing a lot of problems with slowing the system down. The file starts with es-x86-intl-setup2-B29DD (and there's a lot more, about 20 characters long total). How do I find out which patch this is coming from so I can kill it?

Sincerely,
    Eric

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management (where is this file coming from?),
    Legacy Posted By Username: TSI-Eric
  • Not sure... I have several machines running Ultimate (mine included) and I do not have this issue. So my first thought is for you to check the patch mgmt -> machine update on an affected machine and see which patches it is trying to pull down.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Thankee *taps chest three times with first two fingers on right hand*. That was what I needed to find what was causing this issue. It was a Vista Ultimate sound scheme update, huge installer.

Bonus points if you can name the story that the thanks refers to Stick out tongue

Legacy Posted By Username: TSI-Eric
  • Eric,

Do you happen to have the KB number for this patch?

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • [QUOTE=TSI-Eric;34750]Thankee *taps chest three times with first two fingers on right hand*. That was what I needed to find what was causing this issue. It was a Vista Ultimate sound scheme update, huge installer.

Bonus points if you can name the story that the thanks refers to Stick out tongue[/QUOTE]

It should be "Thankee sai". Roland of Gilead would cry.

Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya