Kaseya Community

Kaseya 2008 Service Pack 1 Out Now

• Kaseya 2008 SP1 is now available - see http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/132/t/10615.aspx

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya 2008 Service Pack 1 Out Now,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jonaskew
  • Does anyone see a detailed list of the changes from 2008 (v5.0) to 2008 SP1? I read through the PDF document on the support site, and only saw the following three bullets:

- Kaseya 2008 SP1 Greatly improves system performance in those instances where the Kaseya system has been configured to capture and/or store large amounts of monitoring data from a large number of client machines
    - KServer and agent stability improvements
    - Usability improvements in Ticketing and Patch management

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • If the 2008 release taught us anything it's that waiting is the key for Kaseya releases. We're certainly not deploying this for some time yet.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • Was KES 1.5 going to be separate from this SP?

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • I would also like to see a detailed list of what is included in this release as well...

Legacy Posted By Username: jcoleman
  • Is this not something that Kaseya's own people should be letting us know? If I was going to rely on the users for this kind of stuff, I'd get everyone together to come up with an open source project. I pay for stuff, so I don't have to rely on fellow users. I'm on hold now with tech support and it's saying I have to wait an hour and they will only be taking calls from folks with an existing ticket number. What a joke!

Legacy Posted By Username: j.lee@carceron.net
  • From where do I download this SP1? Is it going to get us the current version of Acronis or AVG?

Legacy Posted By Username: j.lee@carceron.net
  • j.lee@carceron.net
    From where do I download this SP1? Is it going to get us the current version of Acronis or AVG?

No, and No.

Legacy Posted By Username: bmartindcs
  • j.lee@carceron.net
    Is this not something that Kaseya's own people should be letting us know? If I was going to rely on the users for this kind of stuff, I'd get everyone together to come up with an open source project. I pay for stuff, so I don't have to rely on fellow users. I'm on hold now with tech support and it's saying I have to wait an hour and they will only be taking calls from folks with an existing ticket number. What a joke!

Kaseya support is really lacking... Its as bad as Zenith was when i was them. I was promised rainbows and unicorns from my sales guy...

Legacy Posted By Username: bmartindcs
  • Kaseya patching is so doggy and almost every time breaks something, that i have disabled automatic patching.
    Waiting for feedback from SP1 users, i had enough with Kaseya 2008.

Rudi

Legacy Posted By Username: rudi
  • After my abortive attempt to load 2008 when it first came out (I had to roll back two days using Acronis, it was so hosed up), I have been waiting for SP1. I was advised at the Kaseya Conference to wait for SP1 before installing 2008 because SP1 would mainly be a rollup of all hotfixes, therefore I wouldn't have to load hundreds and hundreds of patches..

Does anybody know any difference to that story? If it is true, then SP1 should be relatively benign. I don't think that SP1 for kaseya is like SP1 for Windows where they throw in feature updates.

I am also very distressed to see that AVG is still old (and piggy with memory) and Acronis is still old (and buggy with VSS.) Mad

Legacy Posted By Username: rcspang
  • Coldfirex
    Was KES 1.5 going to be separate from this SP?

Answered my own question. Yes, it is separate.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • FYI... I thought I would copy & paste my post from another thread...

I downloaded and installed SP1, but it was still showing v5.0.0.0. I submitted a ticket, and called Support this morning around 8AM. Got through in just a few minutes. I spoke with Jeff Rosario.

It turns out that SP1 has NOT been released (at least not to the general public). The article (Article: 294769) announcing the SP1 release and providing download link has been pulled from the Hot Topics section of the Knowledge Base site. A new article now appears under the Latest Articles section - talking about SP1 being in beta only.
    http://portal.knowledgebase.net/disp...L=&r=0.9947473

The HTTP download from the SP1 article (that appeared on the KB site on Monday and Tuesday) was actually the original 5.0.0.0 release. So by installing it, I went backwards.

I had to reapply all the hotfixes, and re-apply the latest kserver and kagent files.

I *think* that I am back to where I was before. I suppose no serious damage was done, but I would rather than back the 3-4 hours of time I have spent on this.

Lloyd

• From support:

The SP1 update is still in beta, but we are no longer requiring our involvement in the install process. Download the SP1 update from the following link:

ftp://ftp.kaseya.com/pub/v5-sp1/KaWebUpdate.exe

If you would prefer to install this with our supervision, please give me a time when you will be available.

Legacy Posted By Username: trnetwork
  • FYI... I see that the detailed release notes for SP1 have been posted to the Support site. Looks like some nice additions.

New features in Kaseya 2008 SP1 (v5.1.0.0) – 7 September 2008
    http://www.kaseya.com/support/release-notes.aspx

Lloyd