Kaseya Community

Patch KB956077 (Update for Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter) failed to install

• Since we don't have a Patch Management forum, I will post this here..

I have lots of machines that are failing on the deployment of patch KB956077 (Update for Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter). We only have Patch Deployment enabled for a few clients (at this time), and it seems that many of machines are all having the same problem.

I copied the “office2003-KB956077-FullFile-ENU.exe” from the patch shared file source on my file server to the local Agent Temp folder on my local machine and manually executed it from a DOS prompt.

When I did this, the message “256program too big to fit in memory” was displayed at the DOS prompt. Note that this machine, and others, all have 1GB of RAM installed or more.

We are running KServer Version Number = 2008 (SP1) - 5.1.0.0, Hotfix Level 1890

Any ideas? Thank you very much, in advance.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: Patch KB956077 (Update for Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter) failed to install,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • If you download that patch directly from MS, do you get the same error?

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • Per Kaseya support:

=============
    Please delete all instances of the "office2003-KB956077-FullFile-ENU.exe" file you have downloaded. It was previously discovered that there was an issue with this patch download source.
    =============

That seemed to fix the problem. After deleting the originally downloaded .EXE file from the patch file source, and re-deploying the patch, Kaseya now shows the patch as installed.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf