I posted to the User Forum

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/132/t/9856.aspx

Also I submitted a ticket for the following feature request - Ticket ID: 173649

Lloyd

=================================

Kaseya Support+Developers,

Based on my own experience, as well as posts in the Kaseya User Forum, I would like to submit a Feature Request related to adding an option for Prompt before downloading and installing patches via Kaseya Automatic Updates.

We have a big problem with laptop computers, which are offline overnight during the time that automatic updates are scheduled to be installed.

If we configure the laptop machines for Skip if Offline, they never get patched (via automation anyway).

If we configure the laptop machines to NOT Skip if Offline, patches will be installed when the machine comes online – which is Ok sometimes. But other times, it is an inconvenient time for the user, and patching slows down the machine, and the (requested) reboot bothers the user. And worse, other times the user is connecting via an aircard with a very slow connection, and the patch downloads crushes their connection.

To address this issue, it would be great if there was a way to designate, for a machine, an option to display a Yes/No prompt prior to patches being downloaded and installed.

In this scenario, I would imagine a Prompt Option Box on the screen where you schedule Automatic Updates. So there would be the day/time, Skip If Offline, and a Prompt Before Updating option box.

For the Prompt Before Updating option box, there would be several options, similar to the existing Kaseya related to Reboot Action for rebooting after patches are installed. Examples might include:

- 1) If user logged, Install patches immediately (no prompt). Proceed if user not logged in.

- 2) If user logged, ask permission to download and install patches. Download and install if no response in X minutes. Proceed if user not logged in.

- 3) If user logged, ask permission to download and install patches. Do nothing if no response in X minutes. Proceed if user not logged in.

-

Option 1 would behave as it does now. Patches are downloaded and installed at the scheduled time, with no advanced prompts.

If option 2 or 3 are specified, then at the scheduled time of patching, a Y/N prompt would be displayed – saying that “There are X patches scheduled to be installed, is it okay to download and install now?” This would be similar to the Y/N prompt options in existing Kaseya related to Reboot Action for rebooting after patches are installed.

The response should be recorded to the Script Log, such as:

- User not logged in, proceed with patch downloads and installations.

- User logged in, user answered Yes to patch request.

- User logged in, user answered No to patch request.

- User logged in, timeout after X minutes to patch prompt, proceed with patch downloads and installations.

- User logged in, timeout after X minutes to patch prompt, do nothing.

It would be very good to include the number of patches scheduled to be installed, as the user may answer differently if there is 1 patch, or if there are 20 patches.

I would be happy to discuss further with a developer, to provide additional information and ideas.

===========================

Legacy Forum Name: Prompt before downloading and installing patches via Kaseya Automatic Updates,
Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf