Kaseya Community

Manage Windows updates via Kaseya Policy. Dates not updating in Windows Update GUI.

• urteam, thanks for this. I think it's going to be a big help!

• Any ideas why the latest procedure fails to update windows servers updates were installed status? Agent procedure log shows this error:

Kaseya - Date/time automatic update last occurred:  (converted to UTC: Cannot convert value "" to type "System.DateTime". Error: "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime."

At line:1 char:1

+ ([datetime]"").ToUniversalTime().ToString("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss")

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [], RuntimeException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidCastParseTargetInvocationWithFormatProvider

Workstations are fine.

format
    [edited by: neuvoja at 9:14 AM (GMT -7) on Sep 22, 2015]
  • I had the same problem - I hadn't run a patch or a patch scan. Once I did, all was working.

• Yes, that was the problem it seems eventho automatic update had ran last weekend.

• urteam,

This is a nice piece of work, I just tried it out and it worked as advertised. Thank you!

- Karel

• jimmyc

It was my understanding that the Kaseya agent leverages the Windows Update Agent to install the approved updates. (https://community.kaseya.com/kb/w/wiki/948.aspx). So why does that date not change? Is there a way in Kaseya to force that date to update as Kaseya pushes Windows updates?

I think Kaseya only uses the Windows Update Agent to find out what updates are missing not to install them.

• Something to consider is that these dates relate to the Windows Update Agent and not Kaseya Patch Management by overwriting them you actually lose the information of when the last time Windows Update Agent was used.

It is a good workaround though, I have had a few customers that do check up on our patching and what they seem to notice is all the missing patches that we denied for various reasons.

I have figured out how you can hide these patches, I just have not had the time to look into how to script it.

• I have a similar challenge and have some potential solutions (I have not scripted either).  

• 's powershell procedure is not working anymore for us. Same error as I had with servers but now it's happening on workstations also even when you just have ran patch scan & automatic update.

vPatchStatusByAgent.lastPatchScan and vPatchStatusByAgent.lastAutomaticUpdate seem to be blank in the db so that would explain why the conversion to UTC is not working. Any ideas why?

corrections
    [edited by: neuvoja at 9:02 AM (GMT -8) on Dec 3, 2015]
  • Well I fixed the procedure by changing the UTC conversion string to (Get-Date).ToString(\"yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss\") so now the timestamp is the time when Automatic update ran on the agent.

I guess I have to open a support ticket to Kaseya to find out why the vPatchStatusByAgent.lastPatchScan and vPatchStatusByAgent.lastAutomaticUpdate are empty nowadays. Maybe they've changed their name or location?

• I guess 9.2.0.7 fixed the problem for us, vPatchStatusByAgent.lastPatchScan and vPatchStatusByAgent.lastAutomaticUpdate are being updated correctly now.

• lastPatchScan - gives us date and time fine

but lastAutomaticUpdate is blank for us.  Upgrading to 9.2 in 2 weeks so hopefully fixes the issue

• Anyone here has a option to Update the timestamp on Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10?