Kaseya Community

Monitoring

This question is answered

Hey there,

i have problems with my monitoring settings.I want to get an email if the harddrive space on our servers are under 30%.
I set i all right correctly, for other computers does it work just dont for the servers.
when i look at the monitoring alarm its all listed and it shows me that the space is critical but it doesnt send out emails :(

my settings:

object: logical disc
counter: % Free Space 
instance: *ALL (also tried with just C:, E: and so on)
collecting treshhold: over -1
intervall: 20 minutes
alarm treshhold: under 30%
duration: 1 minute

if you need more informations, please tell me.
the email settings are correctly, at other alarms i always get mails.

thank you for you help :)

Verified Answer
  • Good morning,

i´m sorry that i wastet your time.

the problem was that the emails got lost for about 3 hours. after 3 hours i got them. crazy.

so it wasnt kaseyas fault...or it takes kaseya 3 hours to send them.

so this question is answered and thank you thirteentwenty for trying helping me :)

All Replies
  • Try setting your collection threshold to 0

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
    <monitor_set_definition version="1.0">
    <MonitorSet name="Drive Space Monitor - C" description='Monitors drive space on the C:\  30% threshholds'>
    <Counters>
    <Counter name='% Free Space Logical Disk'  description='C:\ % Free Space ' counterObject='LogicalDisk'  counter='% Free Space'  counterInstance='C:'  counterSampleInterval='1200' collectionOperator='Over'  collectionThreshold='0' trendTimeSpan='1209600' trendReArm='3600' thresholdOperator='Under'  thresholdAmount='30' thresholdDuration='2700' thresholdWarning='10' thresholdReArm='86400'/>
    </Counters>
    <Services>
    </Services>
    <Processes>
    </Processes>
    </MonitorSet>
    </monitor_set_definition>

I was going to attach but i cant seem to find the attach button in this crap...

The lack of code tags sucks...

• Good morning,

i´m sorry that i wastet your time.

the problem was that the emails got lost for about 3 hours. after 3 hours i got them. crazy.

so it wasnt kaseyas fault...or it takes kaseya 3 hours to send them.

so this question is answered and thank you thirteentwenty for trying helping me :)