Kaseya Community

Mass Event Alarm Clearing

• Guys,
    I've got a huge amount of alarms from the way our system was previoulsy set up. From what I can see there is at least 20,000 + for one client!!!

I've corrected the logging fault now but I am left with all these alarm entries which displays as an alert on the dashboard. Is there a quick way of removing all these logs? I've manually tried closing the alarms or deleting them but this takes ages and when I click select all the system freezes under the strain.

Any help would be appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Mass Event Alarm Clearing,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Brad Cheetham
  • I ran into something similar when I first got started... the best that I could come up with is to delete in chuncks... by event id or what ever... my goal was to get between 2000 and 3000 to delete at a time.

Legacy Forum Name: Event Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • I would delete them from the DB directly.

Find them in the tables and the run a delete command.

Note: if your familiar with SQL I would not go down this route.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • mmartin
    Note: if your familiar with SQL I would not go down this route.

I think he means "you are not"

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Yeah sorry, was late when I wrote it...

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • no one has an idea of clearing these alarms? Have over 200000 and it will take some time to clear through the web-interface...

• best way if you have tons is straight in the DB - thats what we did a number of times at the start. - You can ask Kaseya support they will give you query but fairly simple

think its dbo.monitoralarm but do check with Support just in case. - then its a one liner from sql and bye bye alarms.

• I´ve just executed this SQL Command on my server:

>DELETE FROM monitorAlarm

It cleared 116568 Alarms, and the server keep running just fine.

If you want to do this either, I strongly recommend you run a Database Backup.

• The downside to clearing all alarms is that if you report on alarms received (in the Exec Summary) then your number is now at zero as you've now removed all open and closed alarms.  Being more specfic with the delete command is perhaps a better idea.