Kaseya Community

Windows System Events?

• I know there is a way to do this and they probably showed me in the two quick starts that we did but I want to start checking for Disk errors and other hardware related issues on workstations using Kaseya. We had a client's drive fail over the weekend and we didn't know about it until significantly later when they tried to use their machine.

I looked in the system logs and noticed the following error:

12:14:55 pm 15-Feb-10 Disk None 7 N/A
    The device, \Device\Harddisk0\D, has a bad block.

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction on this? I want Kaseya to monitor for this error and then send an alert to our email when it occurs.

Thanks,

Page.
    page@focusdatasolutions.com
    Focus Data Solutions
    Alexandria, VA

Legacy Forum Name: Windows System Events?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Page
  • Go to Monitor (tab) > Alerts (link) > Event Log Alerts (drop-down) and then create and deploy a new event set for that event. You also have to enable the capturing of event logs. That's under Agent (tab) > Event Log Settings (link).

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: Event Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • Here's the basic one that I started with to monitor HDD events

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
    <event_sets>
      <set_elements setName="Server Critical Disk Errors" eventSetId="28601516">
        <element_data ignore="0" source="disk" category="*" eventId="7" username="*" description="*"/>
        <element_data ignore="0" source="disk" category="*" eventId="11" username="*" description="*"/>
      </set_elements>
    </event_sets>

Legacy Forum Name: Event Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 5:36 PM (GMT -8) on 12-17-2010] .