Kaseya Community

AVG Event Set

• I am working on creating an AVG event set. With the new version of the AVG admin console, you can drop AVG events to the NT Event Log (FINALLY!!!).

We aren't using KES (since we were using AVG before it was out.). Are there a bunch of people out there who would like to be able to alert on this?

Let me know and I'll be happy to post it.

Legacy Forum Name: AVG Event Set,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Greg Michael
  • I for one, would like to see what you got... yes sir.

Legacy Forum Name: Event Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gamer-x
  • Absolutely!

Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • YES! We're running KES but not everyone is migrated - some are running plain old AVG.

Cheers,

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@busy.co.nz
  • Ok.. I've got it dropping stuff. Kinda cool.. you can actually CHANGE what EVENT ID's are coming through in the AVG Admin Console. As soon as I know it work.. I will upload it.

• Ok This is really simple, so I won't post anything because it will take you like 10 seconds to set this up.

Upgrade your AVG Admin Console to the most recent version for 8.5 That is a pre-req. If you have 7.5 (Which is no longer supported), 8.0, or 8.5 (pre 8.5.100 release..something like that) it won't work. I have 8.6.276

Ok, all you have to do it go into the admin console.. go to Share Settings for Stations.. There a "Record to NT Event Log" section there. I have changed the alerts to use 1005 as the Event ID and the source is Avg8Alrt. (You can make the event id anything you want, but 1005 works for us).

I turned on Threat Found, Virus Vault Object Added, AVG Unexpected Shutdown. You can go as crazy as you like.

Then yo just make a new event set .. I called mine the AVG event Set.. looking for AvgAlrt8 as my source and event id 1005. it alerts nicely.

In the new Avg Admin you can even customize the alerts that are dropped into the event logs.

Hope this helps.. certainly made a big difference for us.. until this we were having each of our clients AVG send us Emails on this stuff to our Autotask.