Kaseya Community

Ignore these monitoring sets

• Anyone have any sets or Event ID's they are safely ignoring?

I have enabled ticket creation and now I am being notified about too much.

What is the best way to set this up? I only need to know about the important stuff...

Please advise... Thanks,

Legacy Forum Name: Ignore these monitoring sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GrantB
  • It is really an ongoing process. We currently monitor all errors and failure audits for servers and only specific events for workstations. If I see alerts that are unimportant or false I add them to an ignore list. Of course I only have one or two in the list since we just started this. The only set I have for workstations right now is a few disk events. I recommend purchasing a subscription to www.eventid.net. They have a huge database of all types of events and a good search function.

Legacy Forum Name: Event Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: SteveR
  • Hi there,

If I create a list of events I want to ignore - how do I assign them to pc's / servers so that Kaseya ignores them.

This is most likely a stupid question but I cannot see how to do it.

Thanks

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • Michael,

Not a stupid question at all. I am assuming you already know how to create an event set. When you add an event to an event set, there is a box to the left that you check to ignore that event. I created 3 different ignore lists for the 3 different logs and named them appropriately. Once you have your event set created with all the events you want to ignore, just apply it to the machines as you would any other event set. Let me know if I am on line with what you are asking.

Steve

Legacy Posted By Username: SteveR
  • SteveR
    Michael,

Not a stupid question at all. I am assuming you already know how to create an event set. When you add an event to an event set, there is a box to the left that you check to ignore that event. I created 3 different ignore lists for the 3 different logs and named them appropriately. Once you have your event set created with all the events you want to ignore, just apply it to the machines as you would any other event set. Let me know if I am on line with what you are asking.

Steve

Any chance of you sharing some of those ignored events? It could help me out as I am currently trying to work on one for here at the library. We use about 8 Event Sets and I too would like to work it down to one.

Thanks.

Legacy Posted By Username: cking@faylib.org
  • Is there a way to ignore all events except the ones I specify?

Legacy Posted By Username: Resistance2Fly
  • I have seen conflicting information on the issue of Ignroe Events, so let me see what folk's experience is.

Assume you you have an event set that looks for a specific event, and it is set to Ignore. For example, Description "Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Scsi\adpu3201"

Assume that you have another event set looks for a more generic event. For example, Description "Description: *The driver detected a controller error on*"

So the event matches both - would the event be ignored, or would an alert be generated?

I basically want to ignore disk events for driver detected a controller error on adpu3201 -as we see that all the time, it is harmless, and no need to cause any work. Yet, I do want to alert for for all other "*The driver detected a controller error on*" events.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Have two event sets applied. The first one (going from top to bottom in the list) would be the one to alert on all of those errors and the second one (again going from top to bottom) would ignore the specific error you don't care about.

We do this sort of thing for a number of errors.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • Thanks Michael.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • We found there are two basic directions for event id monitoring.

a. Alert on all, and ignore what you don't want.
    b. Only alert on errors that you want.

Both have pros and cons. We initially started using method A. but now we are using B. We had enough info from A. that it helped us go forward with B.

In saying this, we spot check everything on a rotating weekly and monthly basis.

Don

Legacy Posted By Username: Don.Bentz