Kaseya Community

KNM Service Desk basic ticketing

This question is not answered

The documentation is pretty clear on how to open the ticket... and it is setup by default to do so... but it gets hazy when circling back around to auto-closing the ticket.  I see the Recoverery Action - Ticket... which looks like it is going to make a second ticket... I can see how I could de-dup my editing the subject line to be the same as the Alarm action and then adding it as a note to the existing ticket then analyzing the note to close the ticket... but... before I do that... is there a better way?

I hope Kaseya works to more tightly integrate KNM into the rest... all the variables are different, and it could be... as far as I can tell, much better integrated with Service Desk.

All Replies
  • Hey  

I know in the VSA 6.2 / KNM 4.1 integration days we had an SD integration which would check if KNM alarms/tickets existed already via API and append to them.

That was all written by  as part of the 'Kaseya Network Monitor' service desk which installed as part of the integration.

I don't believe any of that was included in the new integration which happened around R7~.

AFAIK, Auto Close of Alarm and Tickets in System > Configure would only impact Classic Monitor and not KNM as this feature was incorporated in 6.3 when the KNM integration was not yet built.

Perhaps, can advise if there is a better way to do this or if I am wrong here.

At this time, I am not sure of the future integrations planned for KNM with VSA.