Kaseya Community

Monitoring Set : Warning%

This question is answered

Hello,

I've created a monitor set that alert when there is a drive under a certain % (10%). When viewing the logs i noticed that the warning line/area was 1% higher than the alert line, even though I've set the warning in the set to 30%.

I've tried to edit the XML-file in the server and added Warning%="30", but that didn't do much.

Is there a way to change the warning % ?

Thanks in advance,

Jurgen

I have another question : Sometimes the logs display "no current data". The logs alter between show the value and "no current data" every half hour. Can this be fixed ?
[edited by: JurgenC at 2:29 AM (GMT -8) on Feb 5, 2015]
Verified Answer
  • Hello ,

You can change the warning % on step 5 of building the monitor set:

In this case I put it to 75 which will flag the warning % at 35% and alarm when it reaches 20% or below.

Here is how the monitor log looks:

In regards to the monitor log showing "No Current Data", this indicates that it was unable to retrieve the metric from the device.

The best way to identify the issue here is isolating if the data actually exists on the endpoint.

Have you checked the corresponding .CSV file to the monitor to verify if the data is actually in the .CSV file?

If the data is present in the CSV file, is the agent constantly going online/offline?

Kind Regards,

Nicolas

All Replies
  • Hello ,

You can change the warning % on step 5 of building the monitor set:

In this case I put it to 75 which will flag the warning % at 35% and alarm when it reaches 20% or below.

Here is how the monitor log looks:

In regards to the monitor log showing "No Current Data", this indicates that it was unable to retrieve the metric from the device.

The best way to identify the issue here is isolating if the data actually exists on the endpoint.

Have you checked the corresponding .CSV file to the monitor to verify if the data is actually in the .CSV file?

If the data is present in the CSV file, is the agent constantly going online/offline?

Kind Regards,

Nicolas

• Hi, Nicolas

I assumed that warning % in step 5 was the actual value of the warning, not a percentage of the alarm value. I had set it to 40% , so i expected it to display a warning at 30%, not at alarm value + 30% of the alarm value.

Thank you for clearing that up.

About the "No current data", the log shows data collected every half hour and the agent is online all the time.

I see why it show no current data now. Kaseya tries to collect the data all the time, but perfmon only gathers it every half hour.
    [edited by: JurgenC at 12:49 AM (GMT -8) on Feb 10, 2015]
  • Hi

Could you post a screenshot of the difference that you are seeing in Performance Monitor and Kaseya?

It may shed some light as to what is going on with this monitor set.

Kind Regards,

Nicolas

• Hi, Nicolas

Thanks for looking into this. Here are the screenshots of the logs from kaseya and the log from the server.

• Hi ,

I would recommend to submit a support ticket, as this may be an issue specific to this machine or the files laid down on this machine.

Once you create the ticket, feel free to share the ticket number on this thread.

Kind Regards,

Nicolas