Kaseya Community

Failed Outbound Email Log

• Hello,  I am currently having a problem where some, but not all outbound email will repeatedly fail to send.  The odd thing is that it's not all email, jut some messages.  If I open the outbound email log, filter for failed, select an email(s) and click Send Now, it drops from the list for a few seconds, but then returns to the failed list.  I can't think of a good reason some email would fail repeatedly, but most email is sent without issue.

I have opened a ticket with support, but while I wait for a response, I was hoping that someone could point out where I might find a more detailed log for outbound email failures to try and troubleshoot further.  Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance.

• Just an update...

I did receive a very quick call back on my ticket.  (Thanks!)  If you double click and email in the log, there is a bit more detail, unfortunately, I was told it's just a generic message "LocalErrorInProcessing" that usually means it's a problem with the email server. If it's possible, I would love to see smoe more detail in there.

Thanks again.

• Hi Eli,

If the email server is having a problem relaying specific emails, is there any consistency in the failures?

Are the emails failing to send to specific domains, addresses, clients - or is it just random email failure?

Do you host your own email server or is it some sort of hosted instance?

Kind Regards,

Nicolas