Kaseya Community

Check if Connection Gateway has changed

This question has suggested answer(s)

Wondering if there is any way to setup an alert for when the Agent's Connection Gateway changes.

We would like to use this to detect when a client's primary link has failed and has automatically changed to the backup link.

I can only seem to find basic Agent Status alerts along with a number of Event log and others but none for this specifically, or perhaps is there a way to do this with Monitor Sets?

All Replies
  • I use External Monitoring for that works great just make sure to allow ping response from their firewall.

• At a long shot, how about an SNMP Monitor on the device handing the link failover/failback process?

External monitoring doesn't always work, especially if you're using BGP to make your 'net connection seamless regardles of interface - you need a higher level of intelligence than the basic agent alone can offer.

• SNMP ----> but than you need KNM

• Base Kaseya includes SNMP support. Monitor -> assign SNMP.  No KNM required.

• Hi Graig,

would like to believe you....however tried to implement this in the past but never succeeded.

can you explain in details ?

rgds

• I've had an agent procedure set to run every 1 minute to check this pretty successfully.  

Basic work flow:

1) If True (This forces a full agent check in and updates the Gateway entry in Kaseya)

2) Use "If checkVar ("#vMachine.ConnectionGatewayIp#") is Equal To "50.194.55.49" to check the gateway.

3) Add a step for whatever action you'd like to take (email, alert, make setting change etc...)

Best of luck!

Toby vanRoojen

Kaseya US Sales