Kaseya Community

Acronis backups skipped because machine was offline

• Hey guys,

I've been trying to resolve this one for a few weeks now and just can't get to the bottom of this, so I'd love your input.

Essentially I have a Windows 2003 Server with Acronis (10.0-18058) installed and the backups start skipping after a while with this:

"backup skipped because machine was offline for more than 15 minutes at the scheduled backup time"

I have recently completely uninstalled Acronis and reinstalled it successfully and it began working quite consistantly for a week, then began skipping again. The server definitely has not been going offline either (obvious thing to check), so I'm confused as to whats happening here and how to rectify it.

• If you are 100% sure that the server has not been going offline, the next thing to check is if the agent service has been getting stopped since that will make it appear to Kaseya that the agent is offline. Next check and see if there are any other script scheduled to run around the time of your backup that might cause the server to reboot or cause issues with the network connection.