Kaseya Community

Alert when boot time over x minutes

This question is not answered
All Replies
  • Hello.

What is your question? Describe a litte bit more. It sounds like a warning i like too ... ;)

• Hi,

I am looking to do the following:

I have a script which times the boot time process and writes the output to a text file. The output looks like this:

00:01:20

What I would like to do is run an agent procedure which will:

Open the txt output file

Look for the values inside

If the any of the values are over x minutes (00:05:00 hh:mm:ss)

Write an entry to the event log and/or an entry into the agent procedure log.

Is this possible :)

• Hm.

Why do you need that information? For my installations i use the warnings if a server is offline?

• Hi,

The information is required in conjuction with other processes which monitor the boot process to show if a workstation build degrades over time.

Any ideas :)

• Interesting idea. Let me know if you figure it out

• "What I would like to do is run an agent procedure which will:

Open the txt output file

Look for the values inside

If the any of the values are over x minutes (00:05:00 hh:mm:ss)

Write an entry to the event log and/or an entry into the agent procedure log."

This sounds like it would be a good task for a Log Parser and a Parser Set. Set up the Log Parser to read your text file and then setup a Parser Set to alert you if the value is over a limit you specify.

• Have you tried an Agent Procedure like this:

Create variable bootTime and store File Content bootTime.txt

If Variable Name #bootTime# Is Greater Than 00:05:00

Send an email to yyy@yyy.com subject 'Workstation Degraded'

If that doesn't work because of trying to compare 00:01:20 to 00:05:00, then maybe you could convert the output from your original script (the one that gathers the boot time) into a decimal format based on total number of minutes so the comparison would then be 1.33 to 5 which I think Kaseya Agent Procedures would handle easily.

• You should be able to get this information from the event logs.

Also, if you wanted to do more of a standard check on reboot time, you could write a file with the current time, schedule 2nd task to run in 30 seconds, reboot and check the time as soon as the agent comes back on line from the 2nd task.

• If you put a reboot step in a procedure it has to be the last step