Does anyone have a good working system for monitoring/reporting for Backup Exec System Recovery?
It's good to hear that you could resolve the SQL reporting server issue.
Regarding question #2: Yes, showing the media ID/label along with each job history is a good suggestion. As it stands today, it does not seem possible to collect the job log for 'succeeded' jobs without a code change. So, I will ensure this request gets discussed for a future release. Appreciate you for suggesting this!.
Ramesh Bupathy | Symantec Corporation
Thanks for your continued assistance.
I completed steps 3 and 4, but I see no difference. I'm still getting the Web Service Authentication Error, even after removing the SSL requirement.
6. Are you using Kaseya 6.1 or 6.2?
7. I assume you are using BE plug-in v1.1. Please confirm.
8. One last time, please checkout this tech note: www.symantec.com/.../index (Importantly, to be precise, I would like to ensure AuthenticateWithAppSessionID web method is listed as shown in the screenshot. Note that if the required Kaseya hotfixes were not installed then the "AuthenticateWithAppSessionID" would not show up.)
If you still see the Web Service Authentication error, I would suggest you to open a support ticket with Symantec so that we can look at your server to identify what could be the cause of this issue. Refer the product name as "Backup Exec Management Plug-in for Kaseya". Visit www.symantec.com/.../contact_techsupp_static.jsp.
6. I am using Kaseya 6.2
7. Yes. BE plug-in v1.1
8. I can confirm that the Kaseya hotfixes were applied and that "AuthenticateWithAppSessionID" is listed as shown in the screenshot.
Unfortunately, I am still seeing the Web Service AuthenticationError.
So, I've created a support ticket with Symantec.
Thanks for all of your help. When we find a solution, I'll be sure to report on it here for the benefit of others.
Okay. With a little help from Symantec, I was able to get things running. I had neglected to disable the Require SSL option on the vsaWs application within the Default Web Site.
I'm missing one more piece. I can't seem to locate the Agent 1.0 for Symantec Backup Management Plug-in. I understand that I need to isntall this on each media server. But, I can't seem to locate where this file is.
A little help, please?
Glad to know that the Web Service Authentication error had been resolved.
Regarding Agent 1.0 installation, please go to Agent Procedures tab in Kaseya console, you should be able to see an agent procedure called "Install Agent 1.0 for Backup Exec Plug-in" under "Shared > Backup Exec Procedures" folder. Just run that agent procedure against the Backup Exec v12.5 or 2010 media servers only. Note that BE plug-in v1.1 supports Backup Exec 2012 as well. But, this specific agent procedure is NOT required to run against those BE 2012 media servers.
After the above step, you have to schedule couple of other agent procedures. Please follow the below notes:
The chapter titled as "Getting started with Symantec Backup Exec Management Plug-in for Kaseya" in the online help document might be helpful to understand the step-by-step instructions to start monitoring a Backup Exec (BE) media server. To access the BE Plug-in's online help, first select the "Symantec Backup Exec" module/tab and then click on Help button (button with "?" icon) in the Kaseya's toolbar (top left-hand side, just above the module name "Symantec Backup Exec"). A new browser window will appear with BE plug-in's help document loaded in it. Expand the topics in the left-hand side of the online help document and select "Setting up the monitoring environment" topic to view the step-by-step instructions.
I am hoping this will be helpful to know how to get started. Let us know if you need any additional/specific information.
Regards,Ramesh Bupathy | Symantec Corporation
Thank you so much fo rthe thorough explanation, and for pointing me to the right place ont he online help. Very helpful.
Any idea why one of my servers is being reported as having Backup Exec version 11d (service pack 5) installed when it actually has 2010 R3?
I have another server that has Backup Exec 2010 installed and yet the Kaseya agent is saying that it is version 12 (service pack 4).
@Bob Esquenazi: The Backup Exec version info is shown in plug-in's 'Discovered Machines' UI based on what Kaseya's AUDIT task had reported to the Kaseya's server.
1. To my knowledge, Kaseya's audit task is, by default, scheduled to run once per day or so on all managed machines. So, one possibility is that: You might have had upgraded a BE v12.0 (Service Pack 4) to BE 2010 very recently and within 24 hours, you may be noticing the incorrect version display in plug-in's UI because new AUDIT did not take place hence the previous version info is still in Kaseya's database. Please ensure that AUDIT task had run successfully on that managed machine after upgrade is completed.
2. After running AUDIT task, if you still see incorrect version info shown in plug-in's UI, please check out the Kaseya's UI where it lists all programs that were reported by its AUDIT task. Refer the below screenshot for checking that. At any point in time, plug-in's UI (i.e. "Installed Backup Exec Version" column in 'Discovered Machines' UI) is expected to show the same version as the Kaseya's Add/Remove programs UI shows.
Let us know if the problem persists after the above suggested steps.
Well, running the Audit task was all it took, though it's been some while since any of these servers have had their Backup Exec program upgraded.
Thanks for all of your help, Ramesh. Your assistance has been invaluable.
Copyright © 2012 Kaseya International Limited. All rights reserved. Kaseya and the Kaseya k-bug logo are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to Kaseya International Limited. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or services of, their respective owners.