Kaseya Community

Double Agent How To?

This question is answered

Looking to install 2 agents on one server.  I'd like one to bind to one nic/ip and another to bind to a different ip/nic.  The goal is to allow 2 budr replication targets.  One for the public IP and external clients and one for an internal IP an private clients.

We are on K2 and have heard this can be done.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Dngmike,

We run 2 agents on most of our servers and in some cases 3-4 Agents on some. It is defiantly possible to do but not  if both agents check back into the same kaseya server which is what it sound like you are wanting to do.

You may be able to use the /a command when doing the install or the /p "install_path" to put in a different location to see if it will allow 2 agents to be installed but i am not sure if this is possible.

All Replies
  • Hi Dngmike,

We run 2 agents on most of our servers and in some cases 3-4 Agents on some. It is defiantly possible to do but not  if both agents check back into the same kaseya server which is what it sound like you are wanting to do.

You may be able to use the /a command when doing the install or the /p "install_path" to put in a different location to see if it will allow 2 agents to be installed but i am not sure if this is possible.

• It is possible to do multiple agents on one computer, there is a "partitioning system" built into Kaseya for if you want to host Kaseya service for other IT providers. How to enable this "partitioning system" is undocumented, however I have seen evidence of it when creating the Agent Deployment Packages and in the agent INI file “KaseyaD.ini”.

I suspect what you want to do would be better suited to the full Acronis solutions rather than with the BUDR module. If you still want to do this with BUDR module I would recommend that you check Acronis' website for support within regards to the scripting with Acronis' command line tools, from what I know about Acronis its very scriptable which is why I think Kaseya went with them over Shadow Protect.

Another option would be to talk to Kaseya support and see if they are prepared to help you write the script that can do this for you.