Kaseya Community

Creating users accounts

• User.zip

Hi everyone,

This program was on the old forum. I just throught I'd post it on here.

User.exe is a program I wrote in C++ to create user accounts. It's got options to add/delete users, change an existing user's password, add to local admin group, and set the password not to expire. I wrote it since the net user command doesn't allow for passwords longer then 14 characters. Enjoy!

BTW, if you downloaded it previouly this version is even smaller in size. I used to use the C++ I/O routines. Unfortunately they are bloated and add at least 150KB per .exe file I code. So I've moved back to using C I/O routines when possible. 

Matt

• Thanks Matt! :-)

Will this also create a domain admin account if run on a DC?

Gavin

• I didn't typically use it on DCs. I just double checked. It does work on DCs. The only minor issue is adds the user to the local administrators group and not the domain admins.

Matt

• support.microsoft.com/.../251394

• Yes, the net user command works. But as I said before it's limited as it prompts when the password is over 14 characters. Older OSes didn't support long passwords. I wrote user.exe for my internal needs and just thought others might find it useful as a replacement for basic user management.

Matt