Kaseya Community

who/where am I?

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi All,

does anybody know if you can somehow grab your VSA logon name into a variable so you can compare in a script what admin is logged on an create different actions for different admins ?

or grab the agent name of the computer you are using VSA on at that moment? (without running a script on your local machine of course Wink

All Replies
  • I tried something like this a while ago, but never got it to work -- the variables may be bugged, who knows.

Anyway, look at #vScriptStatus.AdminLogin# and #vScriptLog.AdminName#

• Thanks for the tip !

SQL Views are totally new to me...but if i select "Get variable" -  "SQL View" and put them in i get back errors. i also tried vScriptStatus/AdminLogin

any suggestions?

• You *should* just be able to use the built-in variable of either #vScriptStatus.AdminLogin# or #vScriptLog.AdminName# anywhere in your script.  Like I said though, I've had problems with those two returning consistent data.

You don't have to Get Variable  to use SQL Views when surrounded by #'s

• With the builtin view the way it is, you will get SYSTEM or (blank) returned sometimes. I remember on the old forum someone mentioned creating a custom view that omits these two possibilities. I don't know how exactly to pull that off though.

• it indeed returns blank value's (no errors).

i've seen the post on the old forum to to create a new view and then do something with the way it's sorted but i have no idea how that should be done

does anybody know how to create a custom sql view and sort it somehow descending?