Kaseya Community

Kaseya Script Pack

• I am not sure if you all have heard about Kaseya Script Pack. I found out through other sources. These are scripts Kaseya's team wrote that would come in very handy. They made them available recently and I am not sure why we were not informed. Anyway I figured I would post the link for you all to have access to them.

http://msp.kaseya.com/scriptpack/scriptpack.asp

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Script Pack,
    Legacy Posted By Username: richie3333
  • I worked with Benjamin Lavalley for a while yesterday afternoon and went through several of the scripts in this pack. Even if you don't use more than half of them in your regular production environment, there's a lot of very interesting techniques to be gleaned, so I highly recommend taking a look-see.

In other words: A+++ Would Download Again. Big Smile

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • bravo! and bravo again to hit the 10 char minimum.

Legacy Posted By Username: saybrook
  • Very cool. Always good to add more scripts to the collection and nice to have them all in once place. However I notice a lot of these are from posts on these forums and I often find it useful to look at those posts for tweaks / common problems.

Is there any effort going into an organized repository with comments for these? Something like a wiki or moderated forum? I know I see many gems that get lost in the crowd as well as duplicates of the same script.

Legacy Posted By Username: jeremyj
  • 2 Thumps up !!!

Legacy Posted By Username: christian@syneteksolutions.com
  • I second Jeremy's idea of a scripting/repository wiki...

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • I created the script pack shortly after joining Kaseya about a year and a half ago as I didn't feel our Sample Scripts did our product justice when trying to convey Kaseya's value in my pre-sales role.

This script pack is not by any means a "Kaseya" supported initiative.

I have compiled it on my own accord after-hours. It is composed of scripts that I have created myself, scripts that other Kaseya engineers have created, and scripts that you (Kaseya partners!) have created. Be sure to read the landing page to get a better understanding of the expectations I am trying to set.

As far as a centrally organized Wiki-style repository for scripts goes, we are looking at putting something like that together. There is no delivery time frame for it. We want something like this just as much as you do but it isn't something we can pull off correctly overnight.

Chances are nobody will even use 20% of the scripts in the package (I believe there are close to 400 now), but with it you have an extensive library of techniques and methodology for improving your knowledge of what is possible with Kaseya -- knowledge you can now use for creating scripts that meet your own immediate business needs.

Please post up any success stories with these scripts or any others you use so I know what is really benefiting you and your customers.

Legacy Posted By Username: Benjamin.Lavalley@kaseya.com
  • Thanks Benjamin! I am very happy that K has employees like you getting involved with the product directly (like you and Jeff Keyes). The more of you guys that get "hands on" with the product, the happier we customers become!

Now that you've been assisting with scripts, and Jeff has been handling KES, you think anyone else will come above the radar and intereact with the forum with the other modules in K?

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • boudj
    Thanks Benjamin! I am very happy that K has employees like you getting involved with the product directly (like you and Jeff Keyes). The more of you guys that get "hands on" with the product, the happier we customers become!

I just wanted to second this. I greatly appreciate the value you add and that you seem to actually care.
    (if only Kaseya had more Bens -- you're putting in long hours writing scripts and my rep doesn't even care enough to email me a link to the pack!)

Legacy Posted By Username: nevesis
  • Just a question though. For some reason I have none of the .vbs files used in the scripts.. Are they included with the script pack?

Legacy Posted By Username: Chris Henwood
  • Chris Henwood
    Just a question though. For some reason I have none of the .vbs files used in the scripts.. Are they included with the script pack?

There's also a file download that's about 5 MB that gives you the associated files to stage on your KServer.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • Thank you very much Benjamin, I wish I had known about this before.

Legacy Posted By Username: ssugar
  • Thanks Benjamin!
    I wish we had this when we started with Kaseya, would have been a big time saver.

Legacy Posted By Username: eddy@dgs.com.au
  • Thanks for the answer Michael. Thats exactly what i was looking for. It had all the files associated to the scripts

Legacy Posted By Username: Chris Henwood
  • jeremyj

Is there any effort going into an organized repository with comments for these? Something like a wiki or moderated forum? I know I see many gems that get lost in the crowd as well as duplicates of the same script.

Hi

there is a kaseyascripts yahoogroup that also has scripts.

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc