Kaseya Community

Trend Micro Internet security

• Does any have or know of a script or program that will detect the version of Trend Micro Internet Security and uninstlal it? I am pushing KES to a client and 40 or so of the workstation use Internet Security as they are not part of the domain and rarely come into the office. I am looking at revo uninstaller and uninstaller tool, but not having much luck finding command line options for them.

Thanks

Phil

PS. I did find out that TISTOOL.exe is a utility that can uninstall Trend Intertnet , but I can't see to find any switches for the command line. If you know of any it would be appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Trend Micro Internet security,
    Legacy Posted By Username: phil@thinksmartinc.com
  • hi
    did you ever get an answer or any info on this? i am going to be in the same boat soon.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: morristabush
  • morristabush
    hi
    did you ever get an answer or any info on this? i am going to be in the same boat soon.

Read up in the KES section...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • I had quite a bit of fun writing a script for "manually" removing Trend Micro. I'm not sure if the script is in a state of being shareable though. Here is the article some of it is based off of: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/07/18/how-to-manually-uninstall-trend-micro-officescan-corporate-edition-client/

I will say the biggest pain in the ass was removing the hidden (and non-present) non-plug and play drivers. I ended up recompiling DEVCON which is an open source utility from Microsoft that removes drivers from the command lines.

If you want to "gracefully" uninstall from a script, you will need to circumvent the uninstall password on Trend. There are two major waits to accomplish this (unless you know the password, of course). You can flag the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\Allow Uninstall

DWORD, 1

...or you can reset the uninstall password with a method like this: http://www.jacksontechnical.com/article.htm?id=30 This method can be accomplished with a script by using the log parser or copying over a pre-modified file.

Legacy Posted By Username: SMason