Kaseya Community

Malewarebytes Auto Clean infected files - in the works

• Hey guys...

I found a programmer who claims to be able to script malewarebytes to automatically clean infected files. How do you guys feel about this? Is anyone willing to help make this work? I can get the programmer to have script that will open the software, Scan the computer, and remove all infected items... I just need help making sure the program is 100% up to date and that its not going to give any surprise messages before we call the "auto clean" script.

lets hear your thoughts..

Legacy Forum Name: Malewarebytes Auto Clean infected files - in the works,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Resistance2Fly
  • I would love to be able to auto clean the infected files

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: timbuktech
  • Resistance2Fly
    Hey guys...

I found a programmer who claims to be able to script malewarebytes to automatically clean infected files. How do you guys feel about this? Is anyone willing to help make this work? I can get the programmer to have script that will open the software, Scan the computer, and remove all infected items... I just need help making sure the program is 100% up to date and that its not going to give any surprise messages before we call the "auto clean" script.

lets hear your thoughts..

Hi,

i would like to see how this program will work? let send me once we will try & check how does it works?

Legacy Posted By Username: sheshank
  • "Silicon" Business Solutions... now THAT must be an interesting company to work for!

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • We have a kaseya script to do this. Trying to work out the bugs to get it to reboot to safe mode, deploy, install, update, clean, uninstall, reboot to normal mode.

As of right now the Individual scripts work just getting them to all work together seems to be the issue.

Legacy Posted By Username: mattb@ghentcomputer.com
  • mattb@ghentcomputer.com
    We have a kaseya script to do this. Trying to work out the bugs to get it to reboot to safe mode, deploy, install, update, clean, uninstall, reboot to normal mode.

As of right now the Individual scripts work just getting them to all work together seems to be the issue.

you already have a script to autoclean the infections too?

• The MBAM purchased license has a /fullauto parameter that will scan for malware and remove it silently. They just say that you might want to reboot afterwards as the reboot is not automatic.

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl
  • Text in the log file suggesting reboot needed: (search on 'Delete on reboot')

\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\gasfkylmelywlk.dll (Rootkit.TDSS)
    -> Delete on reboot.

Or look for the following registry after the scan completes:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Vernon Southmayd
    Creative Computing

Legacy Posted By Username: vernon@midmich.net
  • billmccl
    The MBAM purchased license has a /fullauto parameter that will scan for malware and remove it silently. They just say that you might want to reboot afterwards as the reboot is not automatic.

Currently finishing testing on an MBAM MSP version that does exactly what you are looking for. Hope to have everything working within the next 2 weeks or so.

Scott Gordon
    scott@gordon.bz

Legacy Posted By Username: sbbssoft
  • Would be really interested in this - to see how it comes out. would be a great tool if the automated clean works..

Legacy Posted By Username: Mkris
  • We created an app that makes mbam auto clean if needs be.

Still testing it. Just looks at the GUI and basically does what you do when you are sitting in front of it so clicks the button for you.

Uses Auto IT (great tool)

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • I have already created a script to install this silently (deployment script)

The application does accept command line commands;

Example: mbam.exe /minimized /quickscanterminate

The rest can be found in the Help file (search for command line)

My only concern is that the free version should only be used for non-commercial use same as Spybot S&D so I will stick with the tools Microsoft supplies...

Legacy Posted By Username: HardKn0X
  • Can you post your Silent Install script? The one I'm testing still pops up a Window when it goes to Update (does it automatically). Some times it errors out trying to get to one Site Mirror.

Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl
  • I'm in for making this work, I love malwarebytes. Most of the time that I've used it on machines that were pretty bad, its always needed to restart and scan again when PC boots up. So it adds registry string to

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Once\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

So would it be possible to say if malwarebytes is already installed on PC, to run a script that adds this string to registry, reboot PC and then before desktop loads it finishes running the script for auto clean and etc?

Legacy Posted By Username: tim@xxpert.net
  • Auto-IT is the tool that my programmer had in mind. I guess I will have him hold off and see what you have come up with.

Keep us updated, im sure everyone is very eager to see this work!

thanks