Kaseya Community

Malwarebytes script

• I realize there are a lot of threads on here regarding Malwarebytes' anti-malware scripts, and my eyes are starting to go crossed to try and find exactly what I'm looking for.

I realize the licensing restrictions. I have a number of home users who I support, and could use a script that will install the free version, update, and run a quick scan.

I have one now that terminates if it doesn't find anything... What I'd like is one that terminates if it finds something, BUT sends me an email to say "Hey, I found infections, you need to contact the client and schedule some with them to remove them."

Does anyone have a script like this handy? If there's one posted somewhere here already, I apologize, but I was unable to find it. I wouldn't be surprised if there is one, and it's right under my nose... If so, please humor me with a re-post! Smile

Thanks in advance!

Legacy Forum Name: Malwarebytes script,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Matt.Conlon
  • My script requires a license which goes in the .reg file. It updates and runs a FULL scan silently. The log gets emailed to the address you specify at the end.

If you're wondering why it looks so complicated, it is because I repackaged the installer so I could rename the mbam.exe file to get around infections that look for it.

EDIT: Script removed while I investigate a problem with MBAM not removing (any) infections.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: SMason
  • hi,

i have check in k2 the script is not run

error in step 3 , step6 ,step8

could not copy from kserver to agent c drive as well as user profile

i am checking in windows 7 machine

need to suggest

From
    Sajid

Legacy Posted By Username: sajid29
  • If you're using the script above you need to do the following:

1. Put your license key in FAVOR\MBAM\favor.reg
    2. Copy the entire FAVOR directory onto your KServer
    3. Enter appropriate email address at the end of IF and ELSE

• SMason
    If you're using the script above you need to do the following:

1. Put your license key in FAVOR\MBAM\favor.reg
    2. Copy the entire FAVOR directory onto your KServer
    3. Enter appropriate email address at the end of IF and ELSE

we copy favor directory in kserver
    after when we run the script its given error in step 2
    n0t copy from kserver to c:\favor

From
    Sajid Attar

Legacy Posted By Username: sajid29
  • Sounds like you need to check the script to make sure the Write Directory is pointing to the correct folder on your KServer. Keep in mind, there are two references to it... one under IF and the other is under ELSE.

• The script I posted before was reported as not detecting any infections. All of the logs we've seen so far have said "no malicious items detected".

I took it down for now while I investigate.

• Let us know

• Wow, old thread.

This turned out to be a problem with a specific version of Malwarebytes which has since been resolved by them. However, the Malwarebytes module for Kaseya is out now, so I will advise using that instead. My script requires a bit of setup and upkeep that I'm not willing to support any longer. Sorry!